Saturday, June 7, 2014

Crispy Bitter Gourd Fry

Bitter gourd is one of the great veggie. It is also our favorite veggie and having many healthy nutrients. We will have any kind of bitter gourd curry but my son doesn't like this.
When I prepared this fry, I didn't show him. I thought anyway he won’t have this. But what happened you know!!! He went to take some water and asked me what that was. I told him then he just gave a trial. He liked and told me hereafter daily you should prepare this for me… I’m wondering still now… why can't you all give a try for this simple dish?

It’s a crispy bitter gourd fry, the taste is really amazing…
This goes well with any steamed rice, kuzhambu sadam, rasam sadam, curd rice…
Ingredients
Bitter Gourd – 3 (Big)
Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
Rise Flour – 5 tsp
Corn Four – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Oil for deep fry
Method
Wash and remove the both ends of the bitter gourd. Slice it thinly and keep it aside in a plate.

In a big bowl, add rice flour, corn flour, chilli powder, lemon juice and coriander powder, salt then mix well with sliced bitter gourd pieces.

Keep this mix for about ½ an hour. The spices should evenly mix well with bitter gourd.

Heat oil in a kadai, when it is hot; add the marinated bitter gourd pieces in it.

Fry well in oil, both sides get golden brown in color. Then take it out and use paper towel to remove excess oil. 
Serve hot and spicy crispy bitter gourd with any meal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paneer Pazhmilagai Varuval

Paneer Pazhamilagai Varuval is a South Indian dish featuring paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and spicy, tangy tamarind sauce.  Ingredients: P...