Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Spicy Egg Adai


This is a favorite egg dish of my dad. It seems that my grandma (dad’s mom) used to prepare as a side dish for rice varieties. I learnt through my mom. She used to prepare this recipe without using in mixer jar. Of course, she used to prepare this kind of masala in her own way (Using ammikal). In rural area we used to say like this. In our friend’s gang, we were planned for dinner. They gave me the option to prepare any recipe with egg. 

Normally we used to prepare omelette, egg fry or gravy something. But I thought if we prepare any starter then would fine. So I just added few more ingredients from my Patti preparation. My family and friends enjoyed with this new dish. Thanks to my Patti (passed away) & my role model (my great MOM). I hope my sister will get tensed while seeing this kind of dishes from me :) now a day. Hard luck for u :)







Ingredients


Egg – 4

Chopped Onion – 2 (Big)
Chopped Capsicum – 1 cup
Chopped Tomato – 1
Roasted Channa Dal Powder – ½ cup (Pottukadalai)
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Salt
Curry Leaves - few
Coriander leaves – few
Oil

To Grind


Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup

Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 3
Poppy Seeds – ½ tsp

Method


In a jar, add coconut, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, green chilli and grind well. Then keep it aside in a plate. 


Then break all eggs in the same jar, add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and grind well. Then add the coconut paste, roasted channa dal powder in it and grind it again. It should like as batter.


Add finely chopped onion, tomato, curry leaves and coriander leaves. 


Heat a pan and spread oil. Take a spoon of egg adai batter and spread it in a pan then add little bit oil and cook in a low flame. Once the slightly golden colour comes to one side and turns it and spread oil to other side also.





Hot & spicy egg adai is ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surprise Pie | Mixed Vegetable Pie

This is yummy, crispy vegetables pie that’s goes very well along with chocolate milk, coffee ☕️ or tea 🍵    Ingredients for Pie All Purpose...